Thursday, October 17, 2013

foggy imitation


The world's first photograph was taken in France by Joseph Nicephore Niepce in 1862. It was an eight hour exposure involving light sensitive varnish, petroleum, and lavender.




I attempted to recreate the look by using a photograph that I took of San Francisco:




After turning the image black and white, I added noise and speckle to the photo, as well as a blur. I used an exposure layer and adjusted the gamma correction. I used the brightness and contrast layer to lower the contrast and brighten the photo a bit. This was largely a trial and error process for me. I enjoyed the contrast between the old city landscape and the ever busy San Fransisco. Oh, how the landscape had changed. 

to read more about the world's first photograph:  click here

No comments:

Post a Comment